Corporate Powerhouse. Comprehensive Offerings.
Located in the heart of the world's financial center, NYU Law has the most extensive range of law and business offerings in legal education, with outstanding programs in corporate law as well as specialized programs for those interested in less traditional career paths. (The Mitchell Jacobson Leadership Program is for exceptional students with an interest in pursuing high-level careers in law and business.)
Law and business at NYU encompasses several scholarly areas taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields. Areas of expertise include compliance and enforcement, corporate and commercial law, international business law, intellectual property and innovation, labor and employment law, social entrepreneurship, and taxation. A distinctive feature of the Law School's law and business curriculum is the Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison Transactional and Law and Business courses, which bring top practitioners into the classroom to analyze how their deals were negotiated and constructed. Students can also get real-world exposure in law and business clinics such as the International Transactions Clinic, which provides legal services to clients conducting cross-border transactions in emerging markets. Law students can take courses at NYU's Stern School of Business and actively participate in the intellectual life of centers, such as the Pollack Center for Law & Business and the Program on Corporate Compliance and Enforcement.
Several combined degrees and certificate programs are also offered, including JD/MBA, JD/MA, PhD in Economics, business-oriented LLM degrees, and an Advanced Professional Certificate in Law and Business.
Centers and Programs
- Pollack Center for Law & Business
- Program on Corporate Compliance and Enforcement
- Jacobson Leadership Program in Law and Business
- Institute for Corporate Governance and Finance
- Center for Financial Institutions
- Center for Law, Economics and Organization
- Center for Transnational Litigation and Commercial Law
- Center for Labor and Employment Law
- Engelberg Center on Innovation Law and Policy
- Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy
- Grunin Center for Law and Social Entrepreneurship
- Information Law Institute
- National Center on Philanthropy and the Law
- US-Asia Law Institute